Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ashita replaces Manini in 'Zara Nachke Dikha'

Ashita replaces Manini in 'Zara Nachke Dikha'

Even before the dance based reality show ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’ takes off the show will have its first replacement. Ashita Dhawan, of ‘Bidaai’fame, will replace Manini De, who opted out due to a bad back.

When contacted Ashita confirms the news and says, “Yes, I am replacing Manini who is a good friend of mine, in ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’. In fact, I had first asked her if she is fine with me replacing her and she was more than happy. I feel that I share karmic connections with Manini. She has been my lucky mascot in some way or the other. In fact, the very popular character of Malti fell in my lap because of her.”
“When I was offered to play Malti, I was already doing’ Zaara’ and the dates clashed. I remember chatting with Manini and I told her that I have been offered the role of Malti but things don’t seem to be working out. She then turned out to be my savior and called up Vivek, supervising producer of ‘Bidaai’, and told him about me,” she avers.

So what about ‘Saas vs Bahu’, the dance-based reality show that she was to do on Sahara One? “The contract was not ready and the production house is also postponing the launch of the show so I decided to take up ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’, explains Ashita.

Source: Tellychakkar

No comments: